1. Get an apartment and live with my husband! Finally.
2. Find a decent car. DONE! Before I even finished this list and posted it I already achieved one goal. I got a pretty decent price for a 2005 Ford Focus. I need to put winter tires on, but it has HEAT in it and it works during winter! That's a huge improvement from my last car.
4. Get a kitty and/or puppy. Hello, daily pet photos!! I don't think Instagram has enough of you yet. I'm absolutely obsessed with getting a hairless cat, but those sweet little babies are very hard to find. Imagine a Sphynx cat and a fluffy Maine Coon cat being best friends?
5. Start growing herbs indoors. I don't do well with plants. Especially since I have to leave for weeks at a time sometimes. But I just noticed that my succulent, named Hubert, has grown despite the black thumb I seem to have. Perhaps a plant that isn't home to the desert may survive in my care? I can't stand dried herbs and I figure if it's not fresh then why bother... so I'll give it a shot when we have our own place. Not that I expect my husband will remember to water them when I'm gone, LOL.
6. Learn to make espresso. My uncle has an espresso machine and would make lattes whenever we visited. It seems like such a New Yorker thing to do. I'd love to have friends over and treat them to a specialty cup.
7. Collect art. I'm super excited to start decorating and finding furniture for our first home! Since I might be moving out of the state pretty soon I'm not sure how far we will get with furniture. But Etsy has some really great artists that I plan on buying prints from.
8. Leave Alaska. This isn't so much my call, but I should be out by the end of the year. Crossing my fingers for Germany or Hawaii.
9. Start sewing more. The problem is I can't find fabric that inspires me. I need to try to find something online even though its tough to tell what the drape and hand of the fabric will be like.
10. Wear more dresses. Preferably the dresses I sew myself!
11. Buy a nice camera and learn more about photography. For those pet photos! Haha.
12. Start scrapbooking again. I haven't been doing much of this lately. I think I need to find my own style instead of looking to collections made by other designers. All I end up with is feeling like I need to buy a bunch of expensive products to make scrapbooks that look like other peoples scrapbooks... which gets boring. And expensive. I also don't have much to record in my scrapbooks since I have no one here with me to spend my time with.
13. Explore more local culture (wherever I end up living.) One thing that makes me happy is having a "lifestyle." Military life is completely bland. Military bases are ugly and all have the same shops (Buger King, Starbucks, Godfathers Pizza, Subway...) I want to see more art galleries, farmers markets, flea markets, bakeries and hole in the wall coffee shops. While I've been enjoying Anchorage, it would help to live closer to it so I can do more things in the city.
14. Go through my clothes. There are things I need to get rid of and additions need to be made. Like more dresses.
15. Start knitting and crocheting again. I got discouraged when I couldn't make the transition from scarves and hats to sweaters. They take too long and end up deformed! Yuck! I'm thinking about making some of these cute peter pan collars.
16. Send more gifts. I suck at this. Some of my friends are so sweet and give me birthday presents. Honestly, if it weren't for Facebook I wouldn't know most peoples birthdays! Is that awful? I think I at least need to start collecting cards for different occasions so I can send them to friends and family.
17. Spring Cleaning. This is why I enjoy moving. It makes me go through everything I own and throw away the clutter and things I don't want. When I stay in a place for too long I end up with things collecting dust in the corner (like my broken printer and rolls of scrap plotter paper I swiped from the office... ahem.)
18. Start drinking tea. I can't have coffee at night. I need something to sooth my nerves that isn't a glass of wine (LOL)
19. Speaking of wine... I want to find some nice bottles and save them for special occasions or gifts.
20. Learn oil painting. I know I can be good at this, but it requires such a large chunk of time that I get burned out on the thought of even starting a painting. Acrylics dry too fast and my color mixes dry out before I am done. I need Bob Ross in my life.
21. Create a beautiful home. As an interior design school dropout I can promise that even though I don't have my degree, I still believe in the importance of a beautiful home!
22. Pay off the credit card. Yup. That credit card. The one you used for emergencies when everything was an emergency.
23. Start making specialty breads. I love to use this recipe for easy little bread (it actually bakes all the way in my "oven") But it's very basic and not up to the quality I want. I really want to try out making baguettes and figuring out how to get a light fluffy inside and a crusty outside. I'll at least need a full size oven for this.
24. Find all our furniture on Craigslist, yard sales or thrift stores. And I'll refurbish ALL of it. I'm excited about posting some cool DIYs!
25. Ignore Facebook more. Lately it's been an explosion of posts about gun control, women being allowed in combat and creationist garbage. Yuck. Seeing this stuff pollutes my mind. The amount of humorous or intelligent posts are very rare. I'm too old for this.
26. Make a successful batch of Macrons. I've never tried it before and I know it will be tough. But I'm dying to taste these!
27. Start blogging more thoughts. Most of the time I've been feeling depressed. I have nothing to talk about that makes me happy or excited or inspired. I've barely done anything lately that I can even take a photo of! I know that once I start making all these changes I will feel happier and I'll want to write down my thoughts more often.