Friday, May 25, 2012

Sweet Potato Cupcakes

I've had a big can of sweet potato pie mix in my cupboard since December. Even though I've never actually eaten sweet potato pie and probably should try it, I couldn't just make the basic recipe on the can... I like to experiment too much!



Ingredients:

Cupcakes:
2 1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup White Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Can 29oz Sweet Potato Pie Mix

Frosting:
1 Cup Butter, softened
6 to 8 Cups Confectioners Sugar
1 Cup Water


Directions:

Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350F
Sift flour, sugar and baking powder together and mix.
In separate bowl mix pie filling and eggs with electric mixer.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
Pour into baking cups in cupcake pan. Pour two thirds of the way up each baking cup.
Bake for 18 minutes at 350F

Frosting:
Cream butter and sugar together, add water until you get the consistency you want.

After the cupcakes cool, spread on the frosting and enjoy!


They ended up sticking to the baking cups quite a lot, but that's what happens when you load up cupcakes with yummy sweet potato!  


1 comments:

Christin said...

I'm a big fan of sweet potato cupcakes and yours look fabulous!

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...