Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wedding Fever

So much has happened since I last posted! I had given up on blogging. Things got busy and I really didn't have the time or the knowledge to make my blog what I wanted it to be. But now I'm back and I've decided I will continue posting even while it's in progress (I don't have any readers to worry about anyway! teehee!)

I'm going on leave soon to go visit my boyfriend and to be in my brothers wedding! I'm so excited to go home I can't even describe it. I've been away from my honey for 9 months! I also get to be a bridesmaid. After the wedding I'll be pestering my little brother to start making babies soon, I want to be an auntie :) On top of that my best friend got married here in Alaska! I'm so happy for them. So many weddings this year! It seems like in my circle of people it's been the year for marriage and babies. Congrats to EVERYONE!

So now, without further ado... on to the crafty updates! I had a creative block for a few weeks before going to Fairbanks for an airfield survey. I think I was dreading it so much it drained the creativity out of me. I spent a month straight working 16+ hours a day, living in squalor. But when I finally made it home I had the itch to craft again. It's mostly about scrap booking these days. I've been pleased with the progress I've been making since I started scrapping only a few months ago.




This one is my favorite! I love my Marion Smith trinkets! I think I'll take some photos at my little brothers wedding with my new Instax and make this a wedding gift for them (one of the gifts, anyway!)

Here are a few others I put together...

I've been working on my scrap "style" and checking out online classes. Live with Prima on U Stream has some pretty good ones. The above project was one of those classes. I've ordered my first scrap kit as well, from Drew Scott. I'm looking forward to working on it!
I also picked up a book called "Expressive Handmade Books" by Alisa Golden. It's an awesome resource for scrappers who like making mini albums. I made the above album with her Pocket Fold pattern.

Obviously I'm LOVING my Instagram iPhone app. I've been taking random pictures everywhere...

I'm completely dreading the coming of winter. It feels so unfair! I just got into the feeling of summer and now it's quickly going away. Alaska is an awful place. My boyfriend and crafting are the only things that keep me sane!

Much Love and XOXO,
Sarah Grace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...