Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lemon Curd



I love lemon! The lemon curd at the grocery store is pretty expensive so I wanted to make my own. It took 7 lemons to get all the juice I needed, luckily my husband did all that for me. It turned out really yummy! I plan on making scones to eat it with.

You need:
1 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice
Lemon zest
6 egg yolks
10 tablespoons butter

Mix the lemon juice, sugar and zest in a sauce pan. Heat and add butter until everything is smooth.
Wisk the egg yolks into a separate saucepan. Slowly add the hot mixture to the yolk, stirring constantly. Place the mixture back on the stovetop and heat until it reaches 170 F.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Mmmm, that looks good. I love lemon curd. I've never thought of making it.

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...