Sunday, December 30, 2012

Saying Goodbye Again

I'm here at the skatepark watching my husband on the mini ramp. In two days he will be leaving again for New York. It's really hard to just enjoy the time we have together knowing it will be over soon and we will have to go back to long distance again. I don't know how much longer it will be until we can be together for good. I'm so grateful that I have someone who wanted to be with me sobmuch that the distance didn't matter. I'm grateful that we can afford plane tickets to visit each other. I'm grateful that even though my car doesn't work and my husband isn't allowed to stay in my barracks room with me that I have friends who let me use their cars and stay in their home so we don't have to pay for a hotel.
I just have to keep reminding myself that this will be over soon, even if it's not as soon as i want. I have a plan for the future that keeps me going. I decided to go to culinary school with my GI Bill when I get out of the army. It's one of the best and it's close to home in New York.
It's hard when you always thought getting married would mean having a place together and sharing a life together, only to be told you have to wait. It's been more than two years apart!
We've made it this far... The time when we can be together is closer than ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...