Monday, April 21, 2014

Bringing Baby Home

I'm sure most people remember the day they brought their baby home as a little scary. I know when my Dad brought me home from the hospital he was worried about the other cars on the road. Some people also say they are intimidated that there will be no more helpful nurses and doctors in case something goes wrong. However, our story is completely different. I wasn't scared to leave the nurses and I wasn't afraid of Joe's driving. I had been anxious to get back to comfort of home and away from hospital gowns and random people coming in and out of my room. The big scary part came about ten minutes after we got to the house. My mom had been at the house taking care of the Murray and Mrs. Peacock while we were gone. As soon as we got home my mom started feeling chest pain. We immediately all thought it might be a heart attack and so Joe called 911 while I tried looking for aspirin. I practically tore the house apart looking for it, dumping out my mother purse onto the floor and emptying her suitcase. Eventually I found the box and mom chewed up an aspirin. She started to feel better by the time the ambulance came but they took her and kept her overnight anyway. Joe went with her to the hospital and I stayed home.

I occupied myself by taking selfies and sending pictures to my brother and father.

I sent this picture to Joe as he was on the way to the hospital with my mom. Everytime I see this photo I will think of this crazy day.
On the way to the hospital he actually got lost while trying to follow the ambulance. He eventually found the where they took her to and he stayed with her until she got a room. On top of that, my Dad was flying in to an airport about an hour away and Joe was supposed to pick him up. I had to try to contact my Dad in between flights and let him know what was going on. Lucky for us my Dad was a good sport and decided to rent a car and drive down himself that night.

I'm super happy to say that my mom is fine and it was not a heart attack. It was just a side effect of a medication she had been taking and so my dad went to pick her up the next afternoon.
Needless to say, it was a pretty exhausting day. It didn't help that the two nights before had been our first with our newborn, which means no sleep! Things have gotten much easier since then though. Our first day home was pretty memorable!


The Macons said...

Yikes! Glad your mom is ok, baby is absolutely adorable and weighed the same as mine did 4 years ago! I'm about to evict number 2 and to be honest, I'm glad I make small babies :)

Jade Steckly said...

I love new baby photos! I'm having mine in 5 weeks, and it's so hard to imagine having another newborn in the house!

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...