Saturday, July 26, 2014

Married People Stuff


Joe and I went to a marriage retreat yesterday. Sounds like some cheesy married people stuff, huh?? I wouldn't normally do things like this but the army provides it for married soldiers and it's usually run by the chaplain. Joe and I are both atheists, so obviously we didn't go for the religious aspect of it. Mainly I wanted a day off work, but also the program was going to be the 5 Love Languages, which I've heard was pretty good. The last retreat we went to was the most horrifyingly sexist crap I had ever heard in my life. It was called "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage" and true to it's name was pretty actually pretty comical, but not in a good way. It was pretty much a big long joke about how women are crazy and men are pigs, disguised as marriage advice. Joe and I kept looking back at each other and laughing at how ridiculous it was.
This time was thankfully much better! It wasn't in a fancy hotel like last time and it was only one day, but the material was pretty good. It turns out my primary love language is Quality Time and Joe's is Physical Touch. This explains why Joe is always grabbing at me and why I hate him playing video games so much! Mine is the toughest one, for which there is no substitute. I need real face to face time without distractions. Just being in the same room isn't going to cut it. The good thing about it is that we can combine our needs into a nice snuggle fest with good conversation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...