Sunday, July 20, 2014

Road King

Ellie is wearing her Harley onesie especially for grandpa's' visit!

Is it really July 20th and I haven't even gotten around to posting my 4th of July weekend?? Yikes. 

To celebrate the 4th we went to a country concert that was followed by fireworks. I'm not a fan of country, but I like to get into the spirit of the place that I live so it was a nice experience, complete with fried oreos and chicken on a stick! 

The next day my dad arrived on his motorcycle. He has been travelling on his motorcycle across the country for probably two months now. He went from New York to Colorado for a conference and from there he went to California to drive down the pacific coast highway, the same one Joe and I took on our road trip, and visited my grandpa. After riding through the Mojave he came to visit us in Louisiana. My neighbors were eyeballing his Harley in our driveway. a few years ago he traded in his Honda Shadow for the Road King for long trips. 
Looks like being on the road runs in the family! I just love road trips. My dream was to drive across the country in VW Bus, but that dream was shattered after I realised how hard it was to drive stick ;) Along time ago I took a short weekend road trip in a Econoline van with a mattress in the back and I loved it... Perhaps one day I can get my hands on a Winnebago and do it in real comfort!


He has his doctorate in Geology... see what he did there?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...