Friday, August 29, 2014

End of Summer Walks



This has been my first real summer in three years! Alaskan summers are just not "summer" when you've lived in Guam and California for so long (oh yeah, Las Vegas too...ugh, that was awful) I've really enjoyed the heat and even the humidity. What I'm really excited for is autumn. I haven't had a real autumn since I moved away from New York eleven years ago. If you don't know what an upstate New York autumn looks like you are missing out, I had our wedding in autumn because it's so beautiful.
I've spent a lot of time on my resume and looking around at universities. I'm going to apply in October and hopefully I can start the spring semester this January. I can't believe my time in the army is almost over! It the home stretch now. Thank goodness... You guys, seriously, it's NOT been a fun ride. My unit is really great, I appreciate the paycheck, and I definitely appreciate the work experience, but I really won't be missing it.

Tomorrow is my 29th birthday, by the way! Maybe a 30 before 30 list is in the future? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...