Monday, February 18, 2013

More Wall Art



Here are some more paintings I've been doing for our new place. I've had these oddly shaped canvases for a really long time but I never knew what to do with them. Having a new apartment has really helped with my insipration! I've been working on painting and decorating all weekend and I finally feel like these canvases are finished! The photos aren't turning out as well as I thought, I think it's because there are no windows in the living room and I often stay up late at night working on them.


The first one is a silhouette of the Empire State Building. Our first place may be in Alaska, but our home is New York (...upstate... but that's not the point!) I painted the canvas black and cut out a paper silhouette. I taped it to the canvas and painted white around it.



The second one took a few tries before I got it right. I did a simple arrow pattern with grey and lime green.



I love the thick gallery style canvases because you can paint things on the edges of the canvas.




Pinterest Party

2 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...