Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crochet Kitty Toy

Since I'm stuck sitting at a desk for the next 24 hours I decided to pass the time making toys for our new fur-ball baby.
The size hook doesn't really matter as long as it is small enough to make tight stitches for the Diyyarn weight you are using.




Create magic loop or chain 3 and join.

Rnd 1: SC 8 into loop.

Rnd 2: SC 2 into each SC for 16 sts.

Rnd 3: *SC 1 into next SC, SC 2 into following SC* Repeat for 24 sts.

Rnd 4-8: SC in 24 sts.

Rnd 9: *1 SC, SC2TOG* Repeat for 16 sts.

Rnd 10: SC2TOG for 8 sts.

Begin stuffing the ball with Polyfil. Don't forget to add the capnip! You can add a bell or squeaky things inside too.

Rnd 11: SC2TOG for 4 sts.

Cut the working end of yarn off leaving a tail. With a yarn needle stitch the ball together at the end and pull tight to close the ball. Weave in ends!
Add bells or feathers to the toy, tie the tail end to a stick or leave it as a plain ball.





3 comments:

Laura said...

Your little kitten is so cute! (And so are the crochet balls, of course!)

Sarah Grace said...

Thank you! I love my kitty :)

Krystal said...

How adorable! I'm going to have to give these a shot myself. My cats go through toy mouses like nothing. Time to try something new. :)

I'm a new follower on Bloglovin' from the Collective blog hop.

Have a fantastic Monday!

Krys @ Sunshine&Rain

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...