Monday, February 3, 2014

Baby Bump - 30 Weeks!



Weight Gain: 13 lbs. We finally got our scale put out in the bathroom and I got weighed today at the hospital. I thought it would have been more, but she still has a lot of fattening up to do!

Belly Button? Still an innie. 

Feeling: It's hard to breath with Ellie all up in my ribs! That, and my right ear gets plugged up as if I have water in it.

Food I'm Missing: Whiskey sours.

Movement: She seriously has little temper tantrums in there! It's slightly scary how hard she kicks me.

Looking Forward to: My next appointment, which is in a couple days. I'll be getting my blood glucose test tomorrow too! This morning we went to the hospital to get all the paperwork from the last hospital organized but didn't actually see a practitioner. I hope we get another ultrasound soon. I feel like everything is great and she is healthy, but it would be good to know for sure since we were on a road trip for so long and couldn't get in to see a doctor.
Another thing I'm looking forward to is adopting a doggy! Joe has wanted another dog ever since his doggy, Knuckles, died a year and a half ago. Joe was a sweetheart and let me get Mrs. Peacock while we were in Alaska, but now it's time for Joe to get his doggy companion! Don't get me wrong, Joe loves our kitty, but I know he wants to have a friend to wrestle around with too. Even though we have a lot going on with the new house I want to get the dog training over with before Ellie arrives. This way I don't have to tear out my hair dealing with a newborn AND an over-excited dog. 
I took a look at Pet Finder and pointed out a Great Dane/Boxer mix and Joe fell love with him. We talked to the foster parents and they said he is an indoor dog who gets along with their three cats and kids, so I'm pretty hopeful we will all get along. Mrs. Peacock sure won't be happy about it! I'm sure she will get used to him though. 

On the yucky side of things, it looks like I won't be getting any time off like I was supposed to (stupid bureaucracy.) But we will see. Just take a look at those boxes in the nursery! I can't really do a bunch of unpacking after I get home from work because I'm too tired. I was pretty busy this past weekend and I got a bunch of things done, but not nearly enough.

On the good side, we got a spectacular gift from my grandpa - a washer and dryer! The dryer will be delivered later on, but I'm so happy we have a washer. We plan on cloth diapering, so this is pretty much a must-have. I'm super excited that we will own these and we never have to worry about going to a laundromat ever again. I'm too old for that! Nothing like owning a washer and dryer to make you feel like a grown up.



To the Sea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...