Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Baby Bump - 13 Weeks

Another baby update! 

We went to our first "Arctic Mamas" group appointment last week and got to talk with a bunch of people who are all due in April of 2014. The doctor took us all individually into a little exam room and listened to the heartbeat. It was interesting and nice to have a group appointment so we could all talk about things we were going through, but I felt like the private "exam" was a little rushed and not as good as it should be. She even opened the door before I got my pants back on! Come on, man. The army just doesn't care very much. We heard that when they do the anatomy scan they don't even tell you the sex of the baby if they don't feel like it! How rude, huh?

We had a second appointment that same day for genetic testing at a place off post. I was so happy that we got to go to a civilian ultrasound place. We got to see the little bear cub wiggle around and we even got to see a 3D picture! It was totally cool. The technician predicted that it might be a girl, even though it's still too early to tell for sure. I was actually really surprised because I keep thinking it will be a boy, but I'm really excited!

Today we went out and did our registry at Babies R Us. We were doing it online and realized that most of our items weren't even available to buy in the store, so we did the thing with the little barcode scanning gun. I also didn't know that if you do it in the store you get goody bags! Score. We even found a diaper bag that doesn't look like a diaper bag! 

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend as much as I did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...