Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pumpkin Bread from Roasted Pumpkins

On a late night run to the grocery store for some emergency Ramen noodles, I discovered that they were selling baking pumpkins! I was so excited I bought two. I ended up with a lot of extra puree, which means I'll probably make pumpkin pancakes, soup or something else with it. 

Don't forget to save the seeds and roast them too, with a little salt!




Scoop out all that goop!


I baked the pumpkins at 350 degrees for an hour and a half, cut side down on a baking sheet.


Toast the pumpkin seeds at 350 for maybe 10 minutes? I took them out once I heard them start popping inside the oven and they came out fine. Check them often to make sure you don't burn them.


I pureed it in the blender. Yum! This is a good idea for baby food.


Recipe for Pumpkin Bread comes from The Joy of Cooking. 



Delicious!

1 comments:

tam said...

That pumpkin looks good enough to eat right out of the oven!
tam@ spinstersnacks.com

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...