Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer Lemonade

Is it really almost the end of July?? This summer was the best in Alaska that I've ever had and I don't want it to end! The sun actually came out and the days are hot... Alaska hot, which is like, 79 degrees. But it was still such a nice change from last year and the year before when it rained all summer.
If I could write a clever segway to this lemonade recipe I would. But you get it, summer = lemonade. So there we go. This recipe is awesome and fun to make!

lemonade recipe

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup hot water
6 cups cold water
1 lemon for garnish

After juicing the lemons and straining out the pulp and seeds, combine 1 cup of hot water with 1 cup of sugar and stir until dissolved. This makes a simple syrup and prevents having grains of sugar at the bottom of the pitcher. Combine 6 cups water with the simple syrup and lemon juice mixture into a pitcher and stir. Slice the lemon into rounds and mix into lemonade for extra prettiness.

lemonade recipe

lemonade recipe

Yum! I hope you make this and enjoy the rest of summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! You know, all this time I've been working on making things fresh, homemade and from scratch and I still haven't tried homemade lemonade. I have a project that I'll be using the rinds for, so then I could use the juice for the lemonade and heck, maybe even plant the seeds, then it will all go to use. See now you just gave me a splendid idea accompanied with a refreshing beverage. :)

Sarah Grace said...

You are so sweet!
I bought two bags of lemons for some crazy reason and a couple started going mushy, so I just figured I should use them all up, lol.
Your blog as absolutely adorable by the way!

Remi said...

How come I thought lemonade was so much harder to make?! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to give it a go.

-Remi

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...