Saturday, August 10, 2013

Classic Balsamic Dressing

When I was a kid my Dad always made a salad with dinner. From what I remember, he used red wine vinegar, but of course I seem to love balsamic vinegar, so that is the kind I used for this recipe. This is the type of dressing that can go on any salad and can be kept in the fridge for a long time. It's a nice step up from the plain oil and vinegar dressing that people sometimes use for a regular dinner salad.


Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 Clove Crushed Garlic
Pepper to taste

Mix everything together in a dressing bottle that can be shaken without spilling, shake it up and enjoy! I added mine to a strawberry walnut salad. This makes enough to keep as a table condiment for a long time.



I hope everyone is enjoying the last bit of summer! The Alaskan summer is over and the leaves are already changing. It will be snowing before you know it!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mmmm balsamic dressing is one of my favorite things to make in the kitchen!

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...