Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Big News

So my first day back to work was pretty eventful... I immediately had to go through a pre-deployment health screening thingy with about 150 people. Did I mention I'm NOT even deploying? I got shots, which turned out to be extremely painful, I still can't lift my right arm. I also had to do a 24 hour shift, no sleeping allowed, which was sprung on me out of nowhere. This was topped off with a painful migraine that lasted until about 7:30 this morning.

You would think that as a first day back from an amazing vacation that it would suck pretty badly... But it turns out that it was probably the best day ever! While taking the health screening I was given a pregnancy test...
It came back positive!

Like, whaaaaat???

I seriously didn't know what to think. My brain was sort of frozen in time for about 10 to 12 hours after I was told the test results. It's still hard to process. I don't feel any different. I don't feel extra hungry or extra tired or nauseous or anything like that. I pretty much spent the day calling family members and telling them the news. I spent last night downloading pregnancy apps and looking up patterns for baby slings and looking for organic hemp baby hammocks, LOL.

Anyway... I have pretty nice collection of old family photos and albums (pictures from the victorian era, even!) I found these on my computer. Soon I will get to take some baby pictures and add them to the collection!

My Grandmother Edna with my Aunt April in the early fifties.

My Great Grandmother, Sarah, holding my mother in October 1956.


...and that's me! In good old 1985.


2 comments:

Anni ~ Bazooka Crafts said...

Congratulations! Love your blog by the way.
Cheers, Anni
http://bastelbazooka.blogspot.com

Sarah Grace said...

Thank you so much!

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...