Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Music and Memories

Day 29, Wednesday: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Use Grooveshark or YouTube to include them in the post

1. Duran Duran - Come Undone
On the way to San Diego in 2009.
I listened to this song almost everyday when I lived in San Diego. I would go out and walk to the coffee shop to knit while this played on my iPod. I don't know what it is but I adore this song.





2. Miles Davis - So What
My dad always played the Something Blue album. He played a lot of different music, but mostly jazz. I can remember the smell of my dad cooking dinner when I hear this song. I would usually be downstairs with him talking while he cooked dinner every night. My dad is why I love cooking and plan on going to culinary school.





3. Jason Schwartzman - West Coast

This is the song we played for our first dance on our wedding day. We had a long distance relationship for almost two years at that time so this song always made me cry. Joe had made me a bunch of mix tapes when we first met before I moved to Alaska. This was one of the songs he included.





4. Yellowman - If You Should Lose Me 
Halloween in San Francisco... Those were the crazy days.
This brings flashbacks of college in San Francisco. My roommate Stefanie and I would smoke pot all day and listen to Yellowman, Queen, and the Steve Miller Band. 





5. Ani Difranco - Little Plastic Castle
Pretty much any Ani Difranco song will bring back memories from the ages of 15 to 22ish. I worshiped her. Still do.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...