Thursday, May 30, 2013

Letting Go

Day 30, Thursday: React to this term: Letting Go

I think I will end up sitting here for a while staring at my screen trying to figure out what on earth to write about for this post. I'm not one of those people who can write about cheesy things and have it sound quaint or inspiring. I hardly write to begin with! I'm pretty sure this would just end up sounding like a cliche Facebook post about forgiveness or whatever. No one needs to see that.

So here you go: Letting go... of my cat.

I'm not giving her away, don't worry! I just let her check out the porch outside this afternoon. It's scary to let my fluffy girl go outside without my supervision, there are big dogs out there! There are huge bees and yellow jackets! She might get lost and run away or get hit by a car!



But I can't deprive her of these nice days. Alaska has so few. So I let her go outside... I followed her, of course.

For some reason she wanted to hide under the bench.



Then she wanted to go under the stairs and tried to explore a gross shed. Come on, kitty! Enjoy the sun!! We nicknamed you "sun cat" for a reason.



It's been sunny and warm for days, I can't believe how nice it is. It stays sunny until 11 at night and comes back up at 4:30 in the morning. It's pretty weird. It puts you in a better mood for work at 6 in the morning though.




7 comments:

DaisyBisley said...

Hi Sarah Grace,

Great post! I've nominated you for a blogging award - check out my post for info :)
xoxo
DaisyBisley

Sarah Grace said...

That's so sweet of you! Thank you.

Unknown said...

Aww! You have a beautiful cat. We just recently moved to where we have a fenced back yard and our cat likes to pretend she's brave but usually before she reaches the edge of the patio to get on the grass she sprints back inside. :) I'm a new follower from the Collective Hop.

Sarah
mamasgotittogether.com

Sarah Grace said...

Cats are funny like that!

Kaitlyn Aiono said...

Ahhh... Summer in Alaska I've heard is a dream. My old roommate was from Eagle River in Anchorage and I loved her stories of camping while the sun never went down. Sounds so fun!
And your sweet cat. We let Frankie out when he's supervised too and surprisingly enough, he's really learned to stay close and come back when he's called. Treats, I tell you! Cat treats work!

Sarah Grace said...

Summer is nice in Alaska, though I prefer warm weather year round :) I hope at our next place we have an enclosed yard so she can roam outside a little bit. She loves her treats!

Bubble My Licorice said...

sun cat is sooo adorable :)

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...