Monday, May 20, 2013

It's Not That I'm Lazy, It's That I Just Don't Care.

Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.




I'm very hesitant to participate in today's subject because it seems so whiny. Stuff has been getting SO much easier in the last few months. I had a pretty rough time after I moved to San Diego from Guam in 2009 and it didn't start getting better until recently.

The only thing that is tough right now is that I hate my job. I know, who doesn't hate their job? But for real, my job is lame. It has no purpose. We just do "busy work" all day. I know that seems easy, but doing nothing for 10 to 12 hours a day is exhausting and frustrating. I miss out on time with my husband and time to do things I love. Not to mention everyone I work with is pretty much an asshole. I would rather make less money and have a job that feels purposeful with people who are pleasant to be around. I also would like to be good at my job... which I'm not. It sucks to suck at your job.

It won't be forever though! I am looking forward to going to culinary school when I get out of the army, so I can't complain too much! I feel like there are only good things on the horizon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you--doing nothing for 10 to 12 hours a day is exhausting and frustrating. Best of luck to you as you look toward the horizon, and know that you're not alone in toiling away!

-Katie at AdventuringAtHome

Sarah Grace said...

It's the grind!

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...