Friday, May 24, 2013

Weekend Nails #5


We just found out that our next home will be all the way down in Louisiana. I don't know how I feel about it. We will trade in the Alaskan cold for humid swamps. Moose and bears for chiggers and alligators. 

I'm actually pretty excited because the only part of the south I have ever lived in is El Paso, Texas. We will be living about a 4 hour drive from New Orleans, which sucks a little because it will be quite a trip to visit, but at least I can see it for once in my life. New Orleans makes me think of Anne Rice novels and voodoo.


Master Plan - Essie
Nothing Else Metals - Essie


I know that the town we live in will probably be ridiculously boring, however the housing prices look phenomenally cheap! I looked on Craigslist and found a four bedroom house with two bathrooms for $890 a month. That's insane. Our tiny little apartment in Anchorage with one bedroom and one bathroom costs more than that.

I think I won't mind living the southern life for just one year. After that we will head back home to upstate New York.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...